Joined: 19 Feb 2005
Location: South Africa
|Some laws you never learnt in school or college:
1) Lorenz's Law of Mechanical Repair: After your hands become coated
with grease, your nose will begin to itch.
2) Anthony's Law of the Workshop: Any tool, when dropped, will roll to
the least accessible corner.
3) Kovac's Conundrum: When you dial a wrong number, you never get an
4) Cannon's Karmic Law: If you tell the boss you were late for work
because you had a flat tire, the next morning you will have a flat tire.
5) O'brien's Variation Law: If you change queues, the one you have left
will start to move faster than the one you are in now.
6) BELL'S THEOREM: When the body is immersed in water, the telephone
7) RUBY'S PRINCIPLE OF CLOSE ENCOUNTERS: The probability of meeting
someone you know increases when you are with someone you don't want to be
8) WILLOUGHBY'S LAW: When you try to prove to someone that a machine
won't work, it will.
9) ZADRA'S LAW OF BIOMECHANICS: The severity of the itch is inversely
proportional to the reach.
10)BREDA'S RULE: At any event, the people whose seats are furthest from the
aisle arrive last.
11)OWEN'S LAW: As soon as you sit down to a cup of hot coffee, your boss
will ask you to do something which will last until the coffee is cold.
12)HOWDEN'S LAW: You remember you have to mail a letter only when you're
near the mailbox.