Joined: 12 Oct 2006 Posts: 1 Location: Palo Alto, CA
Title : Customer Solutions Architect * Legacy Migration
Location : Sunnyvale CA
Salary : Six Figure Base + 20% Bonus Potential + Benefits
Organization: Leading Fortune 500 Multinational
This position requires US citizen or Green Card only, currenlty in San Francisco Bay Area or willing to relocate on their own.
Cognate Inc, on behalf of their client, a leading Fortune 500 company is looking for a *Customer Solutions Architect-Legacy Migration* to be based at their Sunnyvale, CA office.
The customer solutions architect is responsible for maximizing the legacy revitalization business gained using existing company products: hardware, software and services.
It is expected this will done by working with prospects ahead of, or with, sales teams, helping define the solutions the prospects need, bringing the appropriate resources together to keep the *sale* moving forward to closure and staying in contact with the customer/process until the implementation team is in place and the revitalization project is fully underway.
The position is a critical one to the legacy revitalization business area as revitalization combines products and expertise from different parts of the company, with no specialist in any part being able to present the whole picture.
The architect reports to the Vice President of Legacy Revitalization.
* Qualifies leads to determine if they are valid legacy revitalization prospects.
* Helps determine the appropriate next steps for the customer and/or organization*s and ensures those steps are taken (e.g. presentations to management, feasibility assessment, proof-of-concept, presentation of results, ROI prospects, revitalization proposals), including the creation of required materials such as presentations and documents.
* Follows-up legacy migration/revitalization leads provided to the legacy revitalization group. (Leads may come from a variety of sources including Microsoft and internal or cross company leads).
* Gives initial presentations to prospects to excite them on the possibilities of legacy revitalization.
* Presents on legacy revitalization at appropriate seminars and conferences, and may put together road shows to help generate leads.
* Trains sales and other staff how to identify legacy revitalization prospects.
* Answers common technical questions about legacy revitalization challenges and concerns.
* Coordinates resources required to accomplish the next steps.
* Identifies and liaises with third parties required for the legacy revitalization project.
* If relationships are required for third parties to be involved, ensures the organization*s third party relationship group is setting up the appropriate relationship.
* Ensures sales and sales support staff understands the details of the proposal for which they are responsible and supports them in bringing the whole revitalization sale to closure.
* Communicates to organization*s management perceived priorities to make organization*s products more competitive in the legacy revitalization market.
* Understands mainframe applications development/IT market, particularly in relation to the use of COBOL, CICS, JCL, VSAM, DB2, IMS, and IDMS.
* Experience of, or familiarity with, migrating mainframe applications to other environments such as Windows and Linux.
* Familiarity with the concepts and use of Windows, .NET, Java, J2EE and sufficient technical abilities to keep up with advances in these areas.
* Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects/opportunities.
* Strong interpersonal, communications and writing skills, including the ability to communicate with people in multi-national, multi-cultural environments.
* Demonstrable track record of relevant achievement working within the enterprise software industry.
* Strong background in marketing or selling to individuals within large, complex customer organizations.
* Effective user of office productivity software (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
* Willingness to do significant travel as required to connect with prospects and develop revitalization business.
Education / Experience:
* BA/BS degree with 3-5 years experience in enterprise software sales or sales support with emphasis on providing complete solutions to customers. MBA desirable.
* Close involvement with COBOL application development and developers at some point in career a big plus.
* Strongest candidates will possess multiple skills sets acquired through combined experience in software product management, marketing, sales support, and/or sales.
* Experience in creating presentations and presenting them to small and large audiences and of writing proposals of a standard suitable for presentation to prospective customers.
How to Apply:
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org in Word format along with a brief cover letter defining your salary expectations and interest in the position.
Cognate (www.cognateinc.com) is a provider of information technology staffing and business process outsourcing services, delivering quality people and optimizing business processes through a blend of on-site and offshore engagements for start-up and Fortune 1000 companies.
Cognate - Innovative IT, Staffing, and Business Solutions for Your Enterprise.