I am working on POC for small application migration; written in COBOL and DB2. I need to move this application to distributed platform Linux with Postgre SQL as target DB.
For DB2 data migration; I was thinking of below approach :
1. Get details about current schema structure / DDL statements;
2. Convert appropriately to relevant data types in Postgre.
3. Create schema in Post gre
4. Extract delimited data from DB2 using high performance unload utility (from BMC) or either IKJEFT01.
5. sFTP data to Linux system.
6. Load into Postgrel sql.
I am looking for guidance in every step of above process. E.g. for getting schema details any tool available ? Similarly for converting schema any tool available ? For extracting tool from DB2 what is best tool ? For loading data in post gre sql what is the best tool ?