Joined: 15 Aug 2017 Posts: 4 Location: United States
**This role can be done from anywhere in the U.S. close to an airport. Rocket Software is looking for an experienced, dynamic, self-motivated Senior Solutions Advisor that will provide technical support in the field for DB2 Tools for z/OS. Clients’ success is a top priority and to achieve this, you must team well across functions and disciplines. You will represent the customers’ needs to the development lab to ensure roadmaps support clients’ needs. You will serve as the lab advocate to ensure the customer’s expectations are set correctly related to technical issues on the software. You must be able to understand and articulate the business problem(s) the customer is trying to solve for the purpose of identifying the right technology to bring forward to the customer. You will be assisting sales in presenting and demonstrating these products/solutions to customers and support/drive POCs and POTs as well as providing deployment support.
• Bachelor’s degree in CS, IT or equivalent experience in IT industry
• Experience required
7+ years’ experience with DB2 for z/OS
Deep knowledge of DB2 for z/OS utilities and the concepts of database administration, backup and recovery, data maintenance, and DB2 for z/OS application performance
• Proven critical thinking, analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Excellent interpersonal, relationship management and communication skills.
• Excellent time management skills
• You must be willing to travel up to 75% of the time, with most engagements being 2-3 days in length, but some travel may require up to a week