Joined: 15 Aug 2017 Posts: 6 Location: United States
Rocket Software is looking for a Senior Software Engineer in either of the following offices: Waltham, MA; Austin, TX; or, Campbell, CA.
Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for software enhancements and new products. Develops software tools including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Mastery of hardware and software systems
• Proficient at complex programming while working in a team
• Technical leadership within a team
• Helps set the direction for design and implementation of software features/functionality, correction of defects and/or creation of new products
• Capable of synthesizing multiple internal and external sources of input into product requirements
• Designs, writes and tests commercial/enterprise grade software
• Documents and communicates on technical topics outside the immediate development team
• Technical subject matter expert for product domain
• Responsible for one or more products
• May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications
• 8-10 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; 6 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years of experience; or equivalent work experience
• IBM High Level Assembler (HLASM)
• Strong experience with IBM MVS (z/OS)
• Strong experience with DB2 on z/OS internals and theory of operations or DB2 performance monitoring
• Strong IPCS dump reading and debugging skill
• Project and time management skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivation and passion for the job
• Excellent teamwork skills
• Outstanding attention to detail and quality
• Ability to identify and complete tasks in a dynamic environment
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
• Proven track record of software development in the real world
• Familiarity with Mainframe debugging tool
• Critical situation experience
Rocket Software Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Rocket Software Inc. is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Rocket is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 781-577-4321 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
For more information, please apply here: bit.ly/2g9bS4B
Contact Ken Lasky email@example.com 781-684-2249