Joined: 15 Aug 2017 Posts: 6 Location: United States
Rocket Software is a leading global developer of software products that help corporations, government agencies and other organizations reach their technology and business goals. 1,400 rocketeers on five continents are focused on building and delivering solutions for more than 15,000 customers and partners. This sales engineering role will support Account Executives and Inside Sales Representatives with new and existing partner relationships and with direct customers to identify, progress, and close software revenue opportunities.
We are looking for experienced technical professionals with an extensive enterprise software sales background who can successfully be the technical sales lead on software opportunities to progress and close business. The candidate must function well as a member of a dynamic team, while having the ability to also work independently to progress and close business. This role can be done from any West/PNW location, including; Sacramento, San Francisco, Portland and Seattle.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Build demo solutions based on prospect requirements; and assist partners do the same.
• Demo solutions to customers and partners with or without sales support.
• Successfully convey technical details to non-technical audiences; and credibly convey technical concepts to more technical audiences.
• Use knowledge and skills to help qualify business opportunities by understanding and addressing user requirements and their technical environments.
• Provide ongoing mentoring and guidance on software components, design methodology, and delivery concepts to partners and peers.
• Handle objections professionally; answer questions proficiently and coherently; and deal with challenges assertively and persuasively.
• Self-manage multiple and varying assignments and administrative tasks to completion.
• Offer technical advice and support to our community of partners and to peers.
• A minimum of 3+ years of relevant sales engineering experience.
• API integration, Modernization and GUI Design experience.
• AS/400 / IBM i, z/OS experience/exposure (Last 20 years); storage management software.
• Familiar with relational and non-relational database design.
• REST services and other application development skills and experience.
• Strong requirements gathering skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Highly motivated person who is comfortable taking on a variety of technical and business tasks to satisfy customer and partner demands.
• Detail-oriented with ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts and technologies.
• Strong problem-solving ability.
• Ability to travel up to 50%.
• Ability to work independently and engage team support when required.
• Ability to prioritize and manage workload to meet proposed deadlines.
• Must be comfortable working in a rapidly changing and sometimes unstructured environment.
• English as primary language; however being able to discuss complex technology concepts in other languages is a plus.
Five to ten years of experience as a software sales engineer or software technical sales specialist.
Proven track record as technical sales lead in software selling environment with proven sales success.
Travel Requirements: up to 50% travel depending on opportunity demands
Rocket Software Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Rocket Software Inc. is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Rocket is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 781-577-4321 or send an email to email@example.com. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis