We have recently migrated from v7 to v8.1 (compatibility mode). On the first day production run, we found that a lots of cobol pgms are abended with SOC4 (protection exception). Then we bind all the cobol pgms and it went fine. (Note: Only change we have made is adding the DSNEXIT libary to the STEPLIB)
Now we are planning to move to the next step (enable new-function mode), we dont know what are all the problems will come.
Please share your experience with V8.1 Migration the changes you made, the problems you faced and how you resolved it. It will be useful for me and all other people who are all migrating to v8.1
Joined: 28 Dec 2006 Posts: 27 Location: Baltimore, MD 21215
We got a S0C4 in one of our testing environments, when going from compatibility mode to 'enable new function mode' (ENFM). Furthermore, the problem only happened in our test 'data sharing' DB2 subsystem. It did not happen with the same program and testing conditions, when aimed at our non-data-sharing DB2 ENFM subsystem.
Likewise, rebinding the package fixed the problem.