Find is more usable bycause it runs by ADABAS and it is quickly.
There is one problem only:
for FIND WITH .... we need descriptor field,but too much descriptors
is not better for quick working.
Their is quite difference in processing of READ and FIND.
1. Search the inverted list for Descriptor value
2. Build a list of ISN with the matched value
3. Process the ISN thru address converter to fetch the physical record
4. Repeat 3. until ISN list exhaust
1. Search the inverted list >= Descriptor value and get the ISN
2. Process the ISN and get the actual record
3. Repeat 2. until Inverted list exhaust or u'll get some escaping criteria.
You see, the difference lies here is building of ISN list in case of FIND in working storage. Which is overhead.
Next major difference is we use READ logical only in case we want to get the data sorted by some descriptor value. Whereas, FIND will give us the data in order ISN site in the inverted list.