Running a PL/I program PGM314 which uses dynamic SQL to select DB2 tables. ( DB2 V8 )
Now, I face a sqlcode -950 in the prepare statement. I know where to find explanation, but regarding the error messages, everything seems to be OK.
I spent 3 days on that.... making new program expunged from unnecessary code and keeping the core of the problem. A new program PGMZZZ works... I did a lot of new tests. PGM314 failed as similar programs worked
So I check the code of my program PGM314 , line by line, with the code of the PGMZZZ. Quite exactly the same. Rerun and failed again !!! gggrrhhhh.
My last action was successful but not explained.
I keep the whole code of my program PGM314, I only changed the name to PGM414, I recompiled and bingo it is working !!!!
but I closely check the content and no garbage characters. No LOCATION involved here.
And I repeat : I just did a change like this : create a new member in PDS, copy the whole program PGM314 then Command : "C PGM314 PGM414 ALL"
That's all. Then recompile, bind and execute successfully !