Warnings : 1
Joined: 22 Jun 2007
I have a requirement where i wanted to develop an automation process for files whose record counts drops by a set threshold, then job will send an email Alert to the support team to research further.
Explanation - Approach is to create an Easytrieve program that will first count the number of records of say 50 files of today.
1) Get the record count of the files.
WS-RECORD-COUNT = RECORD-COUNT(DDNAME)
2) There is a DB2 table with 3 fields as below-
File/DB2 Name Rec. count Tolerance
XXXXX 30000 15
YYYYYY 70000 20
File/DB2 Name will be primary key. The record count mentioned in table is
previous Day Record count.
Now Easytrieve program will read the count from the table .
3. Calculate the variance percentage
Variance percentage = ((Previous record count – current record count)/ Previous record count) x 100
4. If the variance percentage is greater than the tolerance limit then write into the output file.
5. If the output file is not empty (i.e. variance is greater than the tolerance limit) send an email.
6. Update the table with the current record count
Just wanted your opinion if this approach is feasible and can be achieved.