• The candidate will be working as an individual contributor in a team providing ETL design and development for a large application, which sources data from multiple warehouse systems.
• The Candidate will be responsible for a work stream of a large project or will lead implementation of contained projects.
• The Candidate will be working to provide technical guidance and leadership to the team and to provide inputs on performance tuning of the application.
• Working closely with the local/global project manager and other team members, the candidate will be involved in all stages of the development life cycle from requirements gathering to post-release and ongoing L3 support.
• The position is for Bangalore Location and the person needs to work closely with our application teams in Bangalore along with development team in NY and LN Region.
• Design, implement, test and maintain ETL components for multiple applications.
• Performance and scalability tuning to support large deployments
• Define new features in conjunction with product management, and provide specifications
• Ensure quality and completeness of the final product through unit testing, documentation and maintenance as appropriate.
• Very strong technical, aptitude and soft skills are must for this role.
• ETL Tools: At least 5+ years of in-depth experience in industry standard ETL tools (Informatica / Datastage)
• Database: 8 to 11 years of experience in Database and a solution architect. Hands on experience with SQL/PL-SQL, DB design, stored procedures index.
• Data warehousing concepts: Must have good understanding of DW and ETL concepts.
• UNIX experience: Basic understanding of UNIX and shell commands is required, Shell scripting and PERL experience is a plus.
• Must have 2+ years of experience to provide technical leadership, design architecture and review work of the team.
• Candidate must be hands-on and must have willingness to contribute individually.
• Ability to multi-task and work against deadlines/priorities.
• A sense of ownership and desire to take on an expanded role over time.
• Eager to work with new technologies and apply them towards enterprise-level data solutions
• Capable of working with a global team and thriving in a team development environment
• Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to deal with real world business issues