Joined: 15 Aug 2017 Posts: 6 Location: United States
Rocket Software is looking for a Technical Support Engineer with a DB2 on z/OS background in our Austin, TX office.
The Technical Support Engineer (TSE) will be part of a team of support engineers as part of a fast-paced support organization with the primary mission to provide world class support to Rocket’s customers and partners. The successful candidate will have a good understanding of (JDBC) Java Database Connectivity or (ODBC) Open Database Connectivity, IBM’s Linux/Unix/Windows (LUW) and IBM DB2 environment and concepts. He/She will work with customers directly and take ownership of the problem record from receipt to closure. They should have excellent critical thinking skills – to understand, investigate/recreate the problem and explain the solution to the customer in a timely and concise manner. Our TSE’s should be able to work independently yet know when to leverage the lab to troubleshoot complex problems. The ability to setup test environments to recreate customer situations is a definite plus. They should provide feedback from the customer to the lab about the product to better it and participate in a continuous improvement process. They should have excellent verbal and written skills to aid in writing tech docs and knowledge base articles.
• C, or, Java programming experience.
• Shell, or, Perl scripting experience.
• Knowledge of IBM’s LUW system environment.
• Knowledge of (ODBC) Open Database Connectivity or (JDBC) Java Database Connectivity.
• Db2 on z/OS (Server side) skills (Can just have this experience)
• Log in
• Green Screen
• Troubleshooting skills at the application level.
• Experience of Communicating with Customers.
• RDDMS administration and skills.
• Java and other language skills.
• Networking and Transmission Control Protocol/Internal Protocol (TCP/IP).
• Exposure to Open Source technologies.
• Any other spoken /written language skills other than English is a plus.
For more information, please apply here: http://bit.ly/2g8vHcb
Contact Ken Lasky firstname.lastname@example.org 781-684-2249
Rocket Software Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Rocket Software Inc. is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Rocket is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 781-577-4321 or send an email to email@example.com. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.