I am struggling to do this task and cannot found any example.
I have a 100 byte FB file and one of the feild of that file is coming in unreadble format. This feild is at position 70 and having value of b?
I want to convert this feild to readble format only and rest all data/feilds should remain as it is.
in hex b? is showing as 826.
0001237747757577577 00000001800 E1 2165165 N 0 5 b?E1737744588588585858585858858
1. There is no such thing as "100 byte FB file". Maybe, a dataset with 100-bytes FB records?
2. There is no such thing as "feild". Maybe, a field?
3. In order "to convert this feild to readble format" first of all you need to know the format of the source field. Otherwise it makes no sense at all - to convert unknown data to "readable" format...
4. "in hex b? is showing as 826" - what does this mean? What "in hex" stands for? Where it is showing? What tool you are using?
5. "I am struggling to do this task and cannot found any example." - before struggling to do any task it would be useful to understand the task itself. Otherwise it resembles breaking the brickwall with your elbow.
Ask the Creator of the data set for the explanation of the value and seek for the copybook <if any>.
"?" however looks to me a null value derived from the DB2 database and "b" is by itself based on 2 bytes explanation given by you.