Portal | Manuals | References | Downloads | Info | Programs | JCLs | Master the Mainframes
IBM Mainframe Computers Forums Index
 
Register
 
IBM Mainframe Computers Forums Index Mainframe: Search IBM Mainframe Forum: FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
 

 

Issue while using the Summary keyword

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IBMMAINFRAMES.com Support Forums -> CA Products
View previous topic :: :: View next topic  
Author Message
akshathan

New User


Joined: 18 Aug 2006
Posts: 43

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Issue while using the Summary keyword
Reply with quote

Hi All,

I am creating a Summary report using the Summary option of the Report statement. Below is the code

Code:
REPORT SLR858B PRINTER SLR858B SPACE 1 NODATE NOADJUST LINESIZE 132 +
SUMMARY                                                   
SEQUENCE WS-DIV-NUM WS-CNFG-REGION WS-SUBDEPT                       
CONTROL  FINAL WS-DIVISION                                 +         
               WS-CNFG-REGION                                     +         
               WS-SUB-DEPT                                           

HEADING WS-DIVISION          ('DIV' )
HEADING WS-CNFG-REGION       ('REG')
HEADING WS-SUB-DEPT          ('POS' 'DEPT' )
HEADING ITBL-MOVEMENT-UNITS  ('QUANTITY')
HEADING ITBL-XTND-BASE-REIMB ('SI FEED ' )
HEADING ITBL-XTND-UP-CHARGE  ('UPCHARGE ')
HEADING WS-ARFEED            ('AR FEED ')

LINE 1 WS-DIVISION                +
       WS-CNFG-REGION             +
       WS-SUB-DEPT                   +
       ITBL-MOVEMENT-UNITS      +
       ITBL-XTND-BASE-REIMB     +
       ITBL-XTND-UP-CHARGE      +
       WS-ARFEED   


When i execute the code the column "QUANTITY" related to ITBL-MOVEMENT-UNITS is coming empty and the summary data for the other columns are printed correctly.

I checked the input file and there is data for the Quantity column. I initially felt that it could be because of the spacing between the columns and tried increasing the spaces between the columns but even then i am not able to get the data in the quantity column.

The Attributes of the variables are detailed below for reference
Code:
ITBL-MOVEMENT-UNITS      --> 10 P   
ITBL-XTND-BASE-REIMB     --> 10 P 2   
ITBL-XTND-UP-CHARGE      --> 10 P 2   
WS-ARFEED                       --> 10 P 2   

Appreciate your help in resolving the issue
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

Bill Woodger

DFSORT Moderator


Joined: 09 Mar 2011
Posts: 7223

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Issue while using the Summary keyword
Reply with quote

akshathan wrote:
Hi All,

I am creating a Summary report using the Summary option of the Report statement. Below is the code

Code:
REPORT SLR858B PRINTER SLR858B SPACE 1 NODATE NOADJUST LINESIZE 132 +
SUMMARY                                                   
SEQUENCE WS-DIV-NUM WS-CNFG-REGION WS-SUBDEPT                       
CONTROL  FINAL WS-DIVISION                                 +         
               WS-CNFG-REGION                                     +         
               WS-SUB-DEPT                                           

HEADING WS-DIVISION          ('DIV' )
HEADING WS-CNFG-REGION       ('REG')
HEADING WS-SUB-DEPT          ('POS' 'DEPT' )
HEADING ITBL-MOVEMENT-UNITS  ('QUANTITY')
HEADING ITBL-XTND-BASE-REIMB ('SI FEED ' )
HEADING ITBL-XTND-UP-CHARGE  ('UPCHARGE ')
HEADING WS-ARFEED            ('AR FEED ')

LINE 1 WS-DIVISION                +
       WS-CNFG-REGION             +
       WS-SUB-DEPT                   +
       ITBL-MOVEMENT-UNITS      +
       ITBL-XTND-BASE-REIMB     +
       ITBL-XTND-UP-CHARGE      +
       WS-ARFEED     
When i execute the code the column "QUANTITY" related to ITBL-MOVEMENT-UNITS is coming empty and the summary data for the other columns are printed correctly.

I checked the input file and there is data for the Quantity column. I initially felt that it could be because of the spacing between the columns and tried increasing the spaces between the columns but even then i am not able to get the data in the quantity column.

The Attributes of the variables are detailed below for reference
Code:
ITBL-MOVEMENT-UNITS      --> 10 P   
ITBL-XTND-BASE-REIMB     --> 10 P 2   
ITBL-XTND-UP-CHARGE      --> 10 P 2   
WS-ARFEED                       --> 10 P 2   
Appreciate your help in resolving the issue


akshathan,

I have put your information inside the "code" tags. Just highlight where you want to keep the indenting, hit the Code button above the input box, and the Preview button below to see if it looks OK.

As to your problem, I'll give it to you straight if you promise to check it all out in the manual so you fully understand it for next time.

In Easytrieve, a numeric field with no decimal places is unsigned. For the "default" summing your fields have to be signed, which means they have to have decimal places.

If you have a field with no decimal places that needs decimal places to be signed, then specify the number of decimal places as 0.

Also try to specify with the SUM statement and note the difference.

Look it all up, and undestand it, it will help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PeterHolland

Global Moderator


Joined: 27 Oct 2009
Posts: 2422
Location: Netherlands, Amstelveen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Try :

ITBL-MOVEMENT-UNITS --> 10 P 0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bill Woodger

DFSORT Moderator


Joined: 09 Mar 2011
Posts: 7223

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Mmm... should I apologise for my verbosity, Peter?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PeterHolland

Global Moderator


Joined: 27 Oct 2009
Posts: 2422
Location: Netherlands, Amstelveen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:39 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Bill Woodger wrote:
Mmm... should I apologise for my verbosity, Peter?


Bill,

im very sorry. You were faster with the hit on submit than me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
akshathan

New User


Joined: 18 Aug 2006
Posts: 43

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to: Issue while using the Summary keyword
Reply with quote

Bill,

Thanks for all the help. I will definitely place the Code tags in my posts here after. I will try the options which you have mentioned in your post.

Regards,
Akshatha
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
akshathan

New User


Joined: 18 Aug 2006
Posts: 43

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to: Issue while using the Summary keyword
Reply with quote

Bill,

It Worked icon_smile.gif . Thanks for the Quick help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bill Woodger

DFSORT Moderator


Joined: 09 Mar 2011
Posts: 7223

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

PeterHolland wrote:
Bill Woodger wrote:
Mmm... should I apologise for my verbosity, Peter?


Bill,

im very sorry. You were faster with the hit on submit than me.


No worries Peter, just looking for an opportunity to use the word "echo" if necessary, but not :-)

akshathan,

If you look back through the CA forum you'll also see an example of how I like to format the REPORT and stuff, for ease of use. I'm sorry, very rushed for the moment, so can't look up the link. I'm going to be late, and I'm still typ....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PeterHolland

Global Moderator


Joined: 27 Oct 2009
Posts: 2422
Location: Netherlands, Amstelveen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

PeterHolland wrote:
Bill Woodger wrote:
Mmm... should I apologise for my verbosity, Peter?


Bill,

im very sorry. You were faster with the hit on submit than me.


And your verbosity earns you a thank you from the TS, where my onliner is easyly skipped bt the TS. So maybe im going to do it in your way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
akshathan

New User


Joined: 18 Aug 2006
Posts: 43

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply to: Issue while using the Summary keyword
Reply with quote

Peter,

Your One liner made me more clear. Thanks to both of you.
icon_smile.gif
I do have a manual on easytrieve which deals with the basics of reporting. It will be really helpfull if you can provide detailed manual of easytrieve (or a link) so that i can make my homework before posting my questions to the forum.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
enrico-sorichetti

Global Moderator


Joined: 14 Mar 2007
Posts: 10201
Location: italy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to: Issue while using the Summary keyword
Reply with quote

Bill , no need to bother reposting with the bbcoded info,
usually when this happens one of the moderators is there to edit and fix the bad post
chers
enrico
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PeterHolland

Global Moderator


Joined: 27 Oct 2009
Posts: 2422
Location: Netherlands, Amstelveen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply to: Issue while using the Summary keyword
Reply with quote

akshathan wrote:
Peter,

Your One liner made me more clear. Thanks to both of you.
icon_smile.gif
I do have a manual on easytrieve which deals with the basics of reporting. It will be really helpfull if you can provide detailed manual of easytrieve (or a link) so that i can make my homework before posting my questions to the forum.


If Easytriev is installed, all manuals should be present. If not ask, or let your management ask CA for the missing ones.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bill Woodger

DFSORT Moderator


Joined: 09 Mar 2011
Posts: 7223

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply to: Issue while using the Summary keyword
Reply with quote

enrico-sorichetti wrote:
Bill , no need to bother reposting with the bbcoded info,
usually when this happens one of the moderators is there to edit and fix the bad post
chers
enrico


OK, thanks. I usually start of with "quote", so it is then easy to see, and I first code it for myself. Unless I make changes to it, I'll let you moderates catch the actual coding. I appreciate the effort you all put in, so thought to leave it coded since I'd already done it and help out a little :-)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dick scherrer

Site Director


Joined: 23 Nov 2006
Posts: 19270
Location: Inside the Matrix

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:35 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Hello,

Quote:
It will be really helpfull if you can provide detailed manual of easytrieve (or a link) so that i can make my homework before posting my questions to the forum.
The Easytrieve material is covered by copyright and we may neither post it nor link to it via our forums.

However - all of the material is available for free if your organization is licensed to use the product. You can download the documentation from CA Support for free. You are required to register, but this too is free and rather painless.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bill Woodger

DFSORT Moderator


Joined: 09 Mar 2011
Posts: 7223

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply to: Issue while using the Summary keyword
Reply with quote

akshathan wrote:
[...]I do have a manual on easytrieve which deals with the basics of reporting. It will be really helpfull if you can provide detailed manual of easytrieve (or a link) so that i can make my homework before posting my questions to the forum.


If you let us know the name of the manual you have, we can say whether there is another one or not.

Often this particular product is let down by the manual, so you could well have the right one. Then you have the situation of having at times to know the answer before you can understand what the manual is telling you the answer is. Not so unusual with manuals, actually, so good learning :-)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
View previous topic :: :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IBMMAINFRAMES.com Support Forums -> CA Products All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 

Search our Forum:

Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Posted
No new posts syncsort: copy lines after the keyword shreya19 SYNCSORT 1 Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:47 am
No new posts DFHRESPONSE returns issue divated CICS 3 Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:32 pm
No new posts Can sending 5 MB data between cobol p... Kevin Vaz CICS 12 Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:50 pm
No new posts Get Record count in summary record fo... Atul Banke DFSORT/ICETOOL 21 Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:17 pm
No new posts REXX Screen not working due to LINKED... sundarkudos CLIST & REXX 1 Mon May 09, 2016 1:44 pm


Facebook
Back to Top
 
Mainframe Wiki | Forum Rules | Bookmarks | Subscriptions | FAQ | Tutorials | Contact Us