Portal | Manuals | References | Downloads | Info | Programs | JCLs | Mainframe wiki | Quick Ref
IBM Mainframe Computers Forums Index
 
Register
 
IBM Mainframe Computers Forums Index Mainframe: Search IBM Mainframe Forum: FAQ Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
 
How to find the region(test/prod) in ims dc program

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IBMMAINFRAMES.com Support Forums -> IMS DB/DC
View previous topic :: :: View next topic  
Author Message
erhema

New User


Joined: 07 Oct 2008
Posts: 23
Location: Chennai

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: How to find the region(test/prod) in ims dc program
Reply with quote

Hi All,
I have a requirement to show differnent data for test/prod regions in my New DC Screen. I verified in a IMS DC Program existing, we get only the Lterm id, user id, module name, status code etc. I didnt get the region details thru linkage section.

PLease let me know if there is any way to find this out.

Thanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

don.leahy

Active Member


Joined: 06 Jul 2010
Posts: 658
Location: Whitby, ON, Canada

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:49 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

See the AIBTDLI ENVIRON call. It returns a wealth of information about your execution environment.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PeterHolland

Global Moderator


Joined: 27 Oct 2009
Posts: 2442
Location: Netherlands, Amstelveen

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 3:14 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

don.leahy wrote:
See the AIBTDLI ENVIRON call. It returns a wealth of information about your execution environment.


That's true, but it still doesnt give an indication if it is a test or prod environment.
And what does the TS mean by showing different data? Different screen lay-outs or different data to be displayed?
As far as I see it, a test environment is a mirror of a prod environment,
with the exception of the use of test data and/or prod data.
Test data can be prod data, if that is the case and developers are not allowed to see parts of that data, use obfuscated data for those parts.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
don.leahy

Active Member


Joined: 06 Jul 2010
Posts: 658
Location: Whitby, ON, Canada

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:00 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

PeterHolland wrote:
don.leahy wrote:
See the AIBTDLI ENVIRON call. It returns a wealth of information about your execution environment.


That's true, but it still doesnt give an indication if it is a test or prod environment.
And what does the TS mean by showing different data? Different screen lay-outs or different data to be displayed?
As far as I see it, a test environment is a mirror of a prod environment,
with the exception of the use of test data and/or prod data.
Test data can be prod data, if that is the case and developers are not allowed to see parts of that data, use obfuscated data for those parts.

Of course not. AIBTDLI does not understand the shop's local naming convention. However, in every shop I've been in, the IMSID of the production environment is different from the development environment.

Many shops also have a QA, or Production Acceptance, test environment that is an exact duplicate (except for data) of production, but I don't think that's what the TS was asking about.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
erhema

New User


Joined: 07 Oct 2008
Posts: 23
Location: Chennai

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply to: How to find the region(test/prod) in ims dc progra
Reply with quote

HI,

My requirement is to show a link, which user will copy paste in Internet Explorer to view the link.

The link will be different for test and production. I login to IMS DC screen using IMSTB for test region and IMSPD for production. So using AIBTDLI ENVIRON call will i receive this information.

I read there is output parameter called "region identifier" from INQY call which is 4 bytes. but in the example they have mentioned as X'00000001'.

Can you please throw some light.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bill Woodger

DFSORT Moderator


Joined: 09 Mar 2011
Posts: 7315

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply to: How to find the region(test/prod) in ims dc pr
Reply with quote

erhema wrote:
[...]

I read there is output parameter called "region identifier" from INQY call which is 4 bytes. but in the example they have mentioned as X'00000001'.

Can you please throw some light.


That is four bytes, 00 00 00 01 are the values of each byte for your example.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
erhema

New User


Joined: 07 Oct 2008
Posts: 23
Location: Chennai

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

So do i have to convert this hex result to character to find the region in my program. Is this correct?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
don.leahy

Active Member


Joined: 06 Jul 2010
Posts: 658
Location: Whitby, ON, Canada

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

The first field in the IO area returned by the INQY ENVIRON call is an 8 byte IMS identifier. This is probably what you want. The quickest way to make sure is to try it out and see what it gives you. FYI, here is a Cobol definition of the ENVIRON IO area:
Code:
01  ENVIRON-AREA.                                 
    05 ENV-IMS-IDENTIFIER           PIC X(8). 
    05 ENV-IMS-RELEASE-LEVEL        PIC X(4). 
    05 ENV-IMS-CONTROL-REGION-TYPE  PIC X(8). 
    05 ENV-IMS-APPL-REGION-TYPE     PIC X(8). 
    05 ENV-REGION-IDENTIFIER        PIC X(4). 
    05 ENV-APPL-PROGRAM-NAME        PIC X(8). 
    05 ENV-PSB-NAME                 PIC X(8). 
    05 ENV-TRANSACTION-NAME         PIC X(8). 
    05 ENV-USER-IDENTIFIER          PIC X(8). 
    05 ENV-GROUP-NAME               PIC X(8). 
    05 ENV-STATUS-GROUP-IND         PIC X(4). 
    05 ENV-ADDR-OF-RECOVERY-TOKEN   POINTER.   
    05 ENV-ADDR-OF-RECOVERY-TOKEN-X REDEFINES 
       ENV-ADDR-OF-RECOVERY-TOKEN   PIC X(4). 
    05 ENV-ADDR-OF-APARM            POINTER.   
    05 ENV-ADDR-OF-APARM-X          REDEFINES 
       ENV-ADDR-OF-APARM            PIC X(4). 
    05 ENV-IMS-SHRQ-IND             PIC X(4). 
    05 ENV-RES-1                    PIC X(002).
    05 ENV-RES-2                    PIC X(016).
    05 ENV-RES-3                    PIC X(002).
    05 ENV-RES-4                    PIC X(032).
    05 FILLER                       PIC X(060).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PeterHolland

Global Moderator


Joined: 27 Oct 2009
Posts: 2442
Location: Netherlands, Amstelveen

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply to: How to find the region(test/prod) in ims dc pr
Reply with quote

erhema wrote:
HI,

My requirement is to show a link, which user will copy paste in Internet Explorer to view the link.

The link will be different for test and production. I login to IMS DC screen using IMSTB for test region and IMSPD for production. So using AIBTDLI ENVIRON call will i receive this information.

I read there is output parameter called "region identifier" from INQY call which is 4 bytes. but in the example they have mentioned as X'00000001'.

Can you please throw some light.


So you know which IMS you are using! Your test data should do the job !
If you dont understand that, maybe you should quit working in IT.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
View previous topic :: :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IBMMAINFRAMES.com Support Forums -> IMS DB/DC All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 

Search our Forum:

Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Posted
No new posts How to write Rexx program to size and... sreejeshcs CLIST & REXX 14 Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:26 am
No new posts Accessing CICS tran with map from JCL... navdeepaggarwal CICS 5 Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:15 pm
No new posts Z/OS hosted on Linux (zDT) or zVM - T... Pete Wilson All Other Mainframe Topics 0 Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:06 pm
No new posts Command to find TMEMBER name for a TPIPE Siva NKK Kothamasu IMS DB/DC 0 Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:08 pm
No new posts Writing a file using online program grvtomar PL/I & Assembler 3 Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:06 pm

Facebook
Back to Top
 
Job Vacancies | Forum Rules | Bookmarks | Subscriptions | FAQ | Polls | Contact Us