What exactly is your requirement ? You cannot retrieve records directly from DB2 using DFSORT. However I don't see any value in invoking DFSORT to retrieve records from DB2. IBM has unload utilities which lets you unload/reformat the data in anyway you want.
DSNTIAUL : It unloads some or all rows from up to 100 DB2 tables. With DSNTIAUL, you can unload data of any DB2 built-in data type or distinct type. You can unload up to 32 KB of data from a LOB column. DSNTIAUL unloads the rows in a form that is compatible with the LOAD utility and generates utility control statements for LOAD.
DB2 High Performance Unload enables you to:
1. Unload DB2 data to flat files, tape devices, or named pipes.
2. Create files for multiple targets, even if the target files require different import or
load file formats, because DB2 High Performance Unload supports multiple formats for output files.
3. Unload DB2 summary tables.
4. Perform complete system migration from one DB2 instance to another one.
5. Eliminate the need for special applications to convert data, because DB2 High
Performance Unload column function supports conversion to a wide range of
data types by using SELECT statement.
6 Use powerful, easy-to-use, and familiar SELECT syntax to specify the columns
and rows to unload.
7. Unload a sample of DB2 rows by using the MAXROWS, SKIP, and INTERVAL
keywords. You can use this feature to quickly check your control file syntax.