Joined: 06 Jun 2008 Posts: 8165 Location: East Dubuque, Illinois, USA
1. Your answer and the question do not agree with one another. The question asks about converting TO upper case, your answer converts FROM upper case.
2. Are you saying the VSAM file has commas in the data records? If so, you can use INSPECT or reference modification to find each comma and use that to split the record up.
3. Your answer is not right -- COND=(stepname or procsteprefernce,relational operator,condition code)
4. Depending upon what the key looks like, you may get no abend, a S0C7 abend, duplicate record on write, or successful write -- with the little bit of data provided, there's no way to say which of these would apply -- assuming the question was about writing and not reading records (but the same answers would still apply, just worded slightly differently).
5. STOP RUN means stop run -- the first one executed stops the program, no matter how many are in the code nor where they are located.
Joined: 26 Apr 2004 Posts: 4650 Location: Raleigh, NC, USA
dass dasari wrote:
2. There is a VSAM file with variable length how can you split it up. The file has data delimited by commas
What did the interviewer mean by "split it up"? Under what context is this question (by that, I mean is it a question about storage management and VSAM files, or does it concern application design and programming, or do you think there was some other context to this)?