First : Input file contain Header/Detail/Trail records..it means start
Second : Input file contain Normal records..without Header/Detail/Trailer.
As per the SORT JOIN KEY.....we can get the matching records present in both the files...
1) But the Header & Trailer records not having comparison field,so in this
case these two records that is HEADER & TRAILER records will be
is there any way to get those reocrds in o/p file as well...bcz this file
will be using in some other appliation too..
2) First input file is Fixed length.....this is not an issue.
2nd input file is Variable file......current maximum length is 1696...but
it can be diffrent next time.....importent thing is we are intrested entire
lenth of the reocrd.
3) How the O/p file length we need to specify if its creating new
1) can we referback the DCB & SPACE parameter of 2nd input file.
4) Input file may be having Hudgge records....to avoid SB37 abend for
O/P file creation what are precaution needs to be considerd apart from
maximum space..SORTWORK FILE...etc.
please provide u r suggestion/advise on the Point 1 ,2 and 4.
as we are looking for the matching of File-1 position(columns) 10:8
with File-2 Positions(columns) 70:8
2nd Input file contain Header/D/T which is Variable length file...in above by mistake i have mentioned first file..its a 2nd file and we are intrested to take the records from this file only i.e 2nd input file.
The following DFSORT JCL will give you the desired results. I assumed that your VB file also have header and trailer in pos 5 ( after 4 byte rdw). The matching key in VB file is at 70 (considering the RDW)