Joined: 26 Apr 2004 Posts: 4650 Location: Raleigh, NC, USA
I presume that Mustafa is asking about a specific user-defined table.
Off the top of my head, I would imagine the process to be
- TBOPEN the existing table.
- use TBQUERY to determine the existing index and field names.
- use a loop with TBGET to retrieve each table row, storing the data as either REXX stem variables or into a temporary dataset.
- TBCLOSE the existing table.
- TBCREATE the new table, with the old table's name, indexes and fields, with the new field added.
- TBADD the rows to the new table.
- TBCLOSE the new table.
what bothers me in this kind of question is that the poster does not give anybody the slightest idea that he tried to help himself before asking...
I know I was being picky, in my remark, but given your assumption, reading the application which manages the user table should have given him a little hint on how to proceed and ask a question more apt to get help
If I were a founding father I would require that all the posters should declare, before posting, to have read and understood the following howto