Portal | Manuals | References | Downloads | Info | Programs | JCLs | Mainframe wiki | Quick Ref
IBM Mainframe Computers Forums Index
 
Register
 
IBM Mainframe Computers Forums Index Mainframe: Search IBM Mainframe Forum: FAQ Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
 
S722 Error Encountered But Increasing OUTLIM Did Not Help

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IBMMAINFRAMES.com Support Forums -> ABENDS & Debugging
View previous topic :: :: View next topic  
Author Message
mikayag

New User


Joined: 10 Mar 2005
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: S722 Error Encountered But Increasing OUTLIM Did Not Help
Reply with quote

I coded a program such that a new subroutine will be used (say PROGRAM1 calling subroutine SUBPROG2 instead of SUBPROG1). The JCL/program combo was workng fine in the development even if we tested it with several data.

When we deployed the new program PROGRAM1 (this time caling SUBPROG2), the JCL encountered ABEND S722 on the step where it was calling PROGRAM1 . Further analysis to the SDSF showed a "NO ACTIVE MODULE FOUND" on the step where it was calling the new program. Note that PROGRAM1 has no BIND since this is not a DB2 module. I checked the versions of the called subroutine SUBPROG2, it appeared that the GENERATE date on the COBOL does not match that of the BIND. Could it be possible that this is caused by mismatched BIND? I know S722 has something to do with the LINES and OUTLIM but increasing them did not help.


Pls help
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

mikayag

New User


Joined: 10 Mar 2005
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: S722 Error Encountered But Increasing OUTLIM Did Not Hel
Reply with quote

mikayag wrote:
I coded a program such that a new subroutine will be used (say PROGRAM1 calling subroutine SUBPROG2 instead of SUBPROG1). The JCL/program combo was workng fine in the development even if we tested it with several data.

When we deployed the new program PROGRAM1 (this time caling SUBPROG2), the JCL encountered ABEND S722 on the step where it was calling PROGRAM1 . Further analysis to the SDSF showed a "NO ACTIVE MODULE FOUND" on the step where it was calling the new program. Note that PROGRAM1 has no BIND since this is not a DB2 module. I checked the versions of the called subroutine SUBPROG2, it appeared that the GENERATE date on the COBOL does not match that of the BIND. Could it be possible that this is caused by mismatched BIND? I know S722 has something to do with the LINES and OUTLIM but increasing them did not help.


Pls help




When we backed out the newly deployed module, the JCL went through without any abend
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
William Thompson

Global Moderator


Joined: 18 Nov 2006
Posts: 3158
Location: Tucson AZ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

What was being printed/punched that exceeded the bytes/cards/lines limit? Was it expected?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mikayag

New User


Joined: 10 Mar 2005
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Yes. It was not supposed to change the number of lines printed. It's just the subroutine that was changed. When we backed out the changes to the old subroutine, the job run successfully

William Thompson wrote:
What was being printed/punched that exceeded the bytes/cards/lines limit? Was it expected?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
William Thompson

Global Moderator


Joined: 18 Nov 2006
Posts: 3158
Location: Tucson AZ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

mikayag wrote:
Yes. It was not supposed to change the number of lines printed. It's just the subroutine that was changed. When we backed out the changes to the old subroutine, the job run successfully
OK, what was the question of your original post?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mikayag

New User


Joined: 10 Mar 2005
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Could it be possible that this is caused by mismatched BIND?


William Thompson wrote:
mikayag wrote:
Yes. It was not supposed to change the number of lines printed. It's just the subroutine that was changed. When we backed out the changes to the old subroutine, the job run successfully
OK, what was the question of your original post?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
William Thompson

Global Moderator


Joined: 18 Nov 2006
Posts: 3158
Location: Tucson AZ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

mikayag wrote:
Could it be possible that this is caused by mismatched BIND?
Anything is possible, but why not nail down the cause directly?
What was being printed/punched that exceeded the bytes/cards/lines limit? Was the extra output expected?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
View previous topic :: :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IBMMAINFRAMES.com Support Forums -> ABENDS & Debugging All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 

Search our Forum:

Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Posted
No new posts Error executing Java program in OSGI ... danik56 CICS 0 Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:16 am
No new posts 3270 Data stream error Benchwarmer CICS 6 Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:06 am
No new posts VSAM file NOT Found error while proce... SumaReva CICS 5 Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:54 pm
No new posts IMS error U4038 while executing my PL... abdulrafi IMS DB/DC 2 Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:05 pm
No new posts -502 Error - Cursor already open anand jeyapaul DB2 7 Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:22 am

Facebook
Back to Top
 
Job Vacancies | Forum Rules | Bookmarks | Subscriptions | FAQ | Polls | Contact Us