1. what is the use of filemaxx vsam transperency facility.
2. can instream data be incorporated within a procedure.
3. can tsq be updated.
4. can intra tdq can be read multiple times.
5. which compiler does cobol & cobol II use?
Sorry I'm late, I was away from my PC for a few minutes. Hope I'm not too late.
1) Never used it.
2) No. Use DDNAME= and put i/s data in job JCL.
3) Yes. Use READQ TS/WRITEQ TS w/REWRITE.
4) The Q can be read as many times as necessary, so long as there are entries in the Q. Each entry can be read only ONCE (it becomes unavailable immediately after). This is referred to as a "destructive read".
5) Don't know the exec names. Do you have those compilers where you work/study? BTW, the "COBOL" compiler has long since met it's maker (Grace Hopper?). Do you mean COBOL/VS?