Job Title : Senior Software Specialist ( Mainframe Developers)
Job Function / Skill set Systems Development
Work Location Chennai
Job Type (Permanent/Contract) Permanent
Job Reference Code SSE-01
1. To deliver work to agreed estimates and timescales
2. To produce software component designs and specifications
3. To produce software components and test the components
4. To produce unit and link test plans and test results
5. To create test data and testing environments for unit and link Testing.
6. To undertake integration testing including assisting in the production of test plans.
7. To undertake the production of system documentation
8. To produce estimates for own work and to ensure estimates for the creation and development of IT solutions are achievable
9. To identify instances where change control is required
10. To maintain and develop knowledge skill and competencies in software development.
11. To undertake appropriate software configuration management activities for development deliverables in line with the software configuration management process.
12. To report progress and issues to the team leader in a timely manner. In particular, to relay issues that might impact on quality or the ability to deliver to timescales or estimates.
13. To carry out audits and participate in technical walkthroughs of other team members? components, test plans and results.
14. To support a body of knowledge in the application of technology to addressing business issues.
Essential Skills Required
About 5-7 years of Experience with sound knowledge in COBOL, CICS, DB2, Telon. Good Communication skills
Fleaxible, enthusiastic and willingness to learn Customer facing skills
Educational Qualifications The candidates should preferably be a MCA / B.E / B.Tech / M.Sc
Years of Experience 5 to 7 years of experience in Mainframes
Job Description (to be used as in Career framework) To provide software development skills at a subsystem level. To work as part of a team taking responsibility to specify, develop and test the sub-system to agreed standards and quality practices.