Joined: 01 Mar 2006
Location: Basel, Switzerland
1. maybe your map supports such a function, normally you just have an attribute for the password field, to make it invisible or not.
2. sdf is the ibm supplied map-editor --> see tso
3. this is only possible, if you make all your map-handling dynamic,
good luck in coding...
4. cobol is cobol, to pass values is standard cobol. cics will provide you with a full bunch of services (i.e. EXEC CICS...). These services will be translated into a common cobol CALL. (cics translator)
batch-pgms are generally top-to-bottom, while online-pgms are generally a cycle which need interaction. if it is a subprogram, the standard CALL-conventions or those for LINK,XCTL,START are valid.
5. if you use SELECT, you must be sure there is only one result row, or you will have sql -811! if you don't know exactly, use a CURSOR with
FOR FETCH ONLY and OPTIMIZE FOR 1 ROW, and make sure the desired result is the top row. Then make one FETCH...