als an newbie I am teaching myself the mainframe-tools. I have written CICS-COBOl-DB2 programs and the JCL to compile them. The transactions are defined and installed in CICS and work fine. The CICS-DB2 attachement facility DB2CONN is also defined.
The transactions work fine. As long as I dont use RACF.
Now I am teaching myself RACF. Security is set to YES in the SIT.
- Users are defined in RACF, and can logon in CICS using CESN.
- Transactions are defined in RACF.
- Users are authorised to use the transactions and that works well also.
Except when DB2 is adressed. The only thing that does nog work is the DB2CONN. It will not install becauso of a security problem.
- If I define DB2CONN=YES in the SIT I get this security error during CICS startup
- If I login als user with SPECIAL authority and try to install the DB2CON definition using CEDA I also get the security error.
I just don’t now how to define the DB2CON-resource in RACF and give the right user-id (START2, CICSUSER, IBMUSER?) auhority to perform the install of the DB2CONN, either during CICS startup (which I prefer) of using CEDA als CICS-usser.