ABC|1234567|bla bla bla...|bla bla bla|....| |
DEF|32145789|horse horse|horse|hor|Horse Mouth
GHI|754568|UniCORM|UNICORN ROAMING|OH MY GOD |UNICORM ROAMING
I need to have a O/P file with 1st 2 fields removed. So the O/P File withh have:
ABC|1234567| Removed from 1st record
DEF|32145789| Removed from 2nd recoerd
GHI|754568| Removed from 3rd record
... and so on for all the records.
Here are the consideration we need to have:
1. I/P File is in huge 'VB' format & O/P file is desired in the same format
2. There are multiple spaces between records that should not be Squeezeed
3. 1st 3 byte is always populated with characters other than Spaces
4. 1st field has a Max length of 3 bytes while the 2nd field has a Max length of 15 bytes
5. There are 184 fields delimited by '|' with last field is not appended with '|'
I tried using PARSE but need to provide a FIXLEN (Max 20,000 bytes). Then by "SQZ"ing the record, all the inlaying spaces are squized.
Can you please help me use ICETOOL to have the desired file achieved?