Could someone help me on error for the sort card where i am striping few columns and sorting 2 fields of I/P VB file(LRECL=2016) and writing to O/P VB file(LRECL=2004). And also file contains a trailer.
Joined: 10 May 2007 Posts: 2378 Location: Hampshire, UK
What do you mean by'striping' (to add stripes) or do you mean 'stripping'?
Please show the whole message including the message identifier. There does not appear to be an error there but a warning. And, based on those 3 lines, what have you done to try and resolve it - apart from posting on a forum?
1) read SYNCSORT manuals, and/or other related topics/forums
2) code the statements in accordance with clearly defined rules
3) try to run your job
4) analyze the error message(s); consult with the manuals; try to fix them
5) ask at the forum what you did wrong?
Actually what you're doing is the following
1) code whatever comes first to your mind
2) run the job you have no idea about
3) ask at the forum why something you don't understand is not working somehow you don't know how?