Joined: 09 Jan 2015 Posts: 8 Location: United Kingdom
Have you been searching for a great professional development opportunity, working within a state of the art Software Development Center in a fast-paced global project? Then this could be the job for you!
This is an exciting time for Farfetch as we are experiencing a period of unprecedented growth. We are looking for a Performance Engineer to join our team.
We offer not only a dynamic, fun, challenging and multicultural workplace, but also conditions in accordance with experience level.
Farfetch is an innovative e-commerce company that brings the world's best fashion boutiques to an international audience. Launched in October 2008, Farfetch is rapidly growing into a truly global company. Our family now includes 900 talented people and 400 independent boutiques across Europe, North and South America, Asia, and offices in London, New York, LA, Porto, Guimarães, São Paulo, Tokyo, Shanghai and Moscow.
The Tech Team
Our Tech Team, based entirely in Oporto, Portugal, is formed by over 200 members, highly committed to turn the company into the leading global E-Commerce player in this market. We are constantly looking for world-class people to take on challenging roles to help us fulfil our potential – and you to fulfil yours.
• Work along with other teams in order to assure Performance best practices.
• Actively participate on product conception focused on performance related topics.
• Continuous monitoring of performance on production environments.
• Create and run load tests, and analyze applications performance during development life cycle.
• Research and Development of internal tools to support performance analysis.
• Create proof of concept to solve know-issues and support other teams on its implementation.
Key skills and experience:
• Degree in Computer science.
• 2 – 3 years’ experience as Software Developer or QA Engineer, preferably on web (ecommerce) sites. Experience as Performance analyst is a plus.
• Proactive awareness on performance updates
• Experience working in Agile environments with SCRUM methodologies is a plus.
• Skills in an object oriented language like C# (or Java).
• Experience in test automation with Selenium, Jenkins, Visual Studio or any other test automation tool is a plus.
• Proficient in written and spoken English.
• Passionate for delivering quality software, defending the customer/end-user perspective and performance above all things.
• Good communication skills and teamwork believer.
• Good time management and multi-tasking skills.
• Detail oriented and resilient to stress.
• Interested in automating/breaking/debugging things.