Hi All -
I have extensively worked on the CICS Web Service Implementation overthe past few years.
I am working on a white paper on the ZOS connect released last year. I am not seeing good materials or references for this topic in the internet and no redbook even. Can anyone please let me know where i can reference materials related ZOS CONNECT topic. Below are pointers i am looking for.
1) ZOS CONNECT Architecture'
2) How does that is different from CICS Web Service VS ZOS Connect Web Service Implementation
3) IBM claims that MIPS Chargeback reduction for the Mobile workload comes through ZOS connect? Is that true? How are they segregating the mobile workload in the mainframe?
4) Does ZOS connect can be used for the other commponents DB2, IMS, COBOL Batch? If so any sample implemntation guidelines or steps?
5) Market Speak on ZOS CONNECT
There are N number of mainframe connectvity options available (CICS Web Services, Through Data Power etc..). Is there really need for ZOS connect and i need to understand the business case for te ZOS connect.