I faced some inerview questions, i don't know ans for that
can anyone help me
1)Can you display the Index?
2)What will happened ,if the subprogram is called second time?
3)What is diff b/w Check Pending and Copy Pending?
4)if copy book supressed can use it?
5)if there is no dataset ,but when it is used as disp = shr in a job what will happen?
6) DDIO mention source listing files?What is source listing files is it I/P or O/P file ,When it
7)I have client ineterview in a concern what will they ask?
8) A dataset contains 1000 records,I want to browse particular record in FILE-AID?
1) You cannot display the index.
2) Subsequent calls make the called program available in its last-used state, unless the called program has an INITIAL attribute. In that case, the called program or each program directly or indirectly contained within it are placed into in its initial state every time the called program is called within the run-unit.
3) Check Pending:
Constraint checks are not done during the LOAD process. When a table is LOADed with ENFORCE NO option, then the table is left in CHECKPENDING status. It will show the status as CHKP....
Suppose, if you have not taken an image copy of a table and not specified NOCOPYPEND, then your table is flagged as copy pending status. This is a state in which, an image copy on a table needs to be taken, in this state, the table is available only for queries. You cannot update this table. To remove the COPY PENDING status, you take an image copy or use REPAIR utility.
4) I think SUPRESS only supress the copybook to be expanded in the source listing...still you can use the copybook....have to check it...
5) It gives JCL error sating that dataset does not exists.
6) DDIO is used when your Xpediting the program using XPEDITER tool. It contains the source listing, that is, your program (which is input to xpeditor).