I submitted a job for execution, which was stuck in processing for a long time. Although it completed later, but I was wondering if there is any way I can look for the reason for the delay. I found DELAYRSN on the JES2 panel, but not sure if that helps and what are the possible values.
I had a look at the JESMSGLG but nothing was there. My job was probably stuck because we do recycle CICS regions at that time.
Joined: 06 Jun 2008 Posts: 8187 Location: East Dubuque, Illinois, USA
Talk to your site support group. They have -- or should have -- the tools to analyze such issues. And you shouldn't guess as to the reason (since that may get you thinking in entirely the wrong direction).. Questions that you SHOULD be asking yourself (and your site support group) include:
- What service class does your job run in?
- What resources does that service class get?
- What does RMF (or other site monitoring tools such as OMEGAMON or MAINVIEW) tell you about what was processing at the time?
- How do the competing resources impact your job service class in WLM?
Possible reasons for job processing taking longer than usual include (but are not limited to):
- job running in WLM DISCRETIONARY
- job running at low priority and high priority jobs are using the CPU
- job needing access to an I/O device but not getting it
Since they know your site, your FIRST point of contact for such issues should ALWAYS be your site support group.