Joined: 09 Jan 2015 Posts: 8 Location: United Kingdom
We are currently looking for CICS Technical Analysts within our Infrastructure Services area of Technology.
Purpose of Role
• Undertake and deliver technical CICS infrastructure change and support activities in line with platform standards and operational principles ensuring risks are articulated appropriately.
• Be prepared to work outside normal office hours to deliver or support change where necessary.
• Communicate and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders involved in the delivery of the CICS service.
• Demonstrate effective and collaborative working relationships across the wider department.
• Ensure all project or support documentation is clear, concise and up to date.
• Contribute to on-call support rotas where required, to provide a 2nd and 3rd level support service.
• Ensure root cause analysis is carried out for CICS related incidents.
• Install / upgrade CICS transaction server and related products in a z/OS environment.
• Extensive experience in a CICS Systems Programmer Role on a large IBM Mainframe platform.
Essential technical knowledge
• CICS TS minimum v3.1
• Workload Management
• Usage of transactions like CEMT, CEDA etc.
• CTG v7
• Network Protocols like SNA, TCP/IP.
• Monitoring tools e.g. Omegamon or Sysview
• Xpediter/CICS, Abend-Aid