Portal | Manuals | References | Downloads | Info | Programs | JCLs | Master the Mainframes
IBM Mainframe Computers Forums Index
 
Register
 
IBM Mainframe Computers Forums Index Mainframe: Search IBM Mainframe Forum: FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
 

 

MQ PUT not trigerring the CICS transaction

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IBMMAINFRAMES.com Support Forums -> Java & MQSeries
View previous topic :: :: View next topic  
Author Message
frozenblood
Warnings : 1

New User


Joined: 16 Oct 2012
Posts: 34
Location: INDIA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:48 am    Post subject: MQ PUT not trigerring the CICS transaction
Reply with quote

Hi,

We are developing an architecture where we have a static Q.
If a message arrives on the static Q (message is put through a batch job) it triggers a CICS transaction to pickup the message from the same Q call a webservice and put the response from the webservice in a dynamic Q.
In the backgroung the batch program is waiting for a message to arrive on the dynamic q, it abends after waiting for 2mins.

While testing my program what is happening is the CICS transaction is not getting trigerred as soon as the message is put on the Q, it is getting trigerred just after the timeout is reached and the batch program abends.

Is it something that is holding the transaction to get triggered as the batch program isnt closing the Q after the put, it is only doing a MQ commit ?

Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

sureshpathi10

Active User


Joined: 03 May 2010
Posts: 154
Location: Kuala Lumpur

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Hi...

is it the same Batch program putting the message and expecting response?

Issue COMMIT/SYNCPOINT right after PUT message and try again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pandora-Box

Moderator


Joined: 07 Sep 2006
Posts: 1529
Location: Andromeda Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Could you show the queue definition?
What kind of trigger have you set?
Also curious what are you trying to do in the batch job?

Handling realtime data in batch is a bad idea
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
frozenblood
Warnings : 1

New User


Joined: 16 Oct 2012
Posts: 34
Location: INDIA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

sureshpathi10 wrote:
Hi...

is it the same Batch program putting the message and expecting response?

Issue COMMIT/SYNCPOINT right after PUT message and try again.


Yes its the same batch program which is putting the message and expecting the response. After the MQ PUT we issue a COMMIT and then wait for an MQ get.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
charanmsrit

New User


Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 80
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply to: MQ PUT not trigerring the CICS transaction
Reply with quote

What is the MQPMO (put message options) that is being set for the MQPUT?? i had built similar batch client and used MQPMO_NO_SYNCPOINT so that the batch job UOW is not tied to MQ.


http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmqv7/v7r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.mq.csqzak.doc%2Ffr14000_.htm


Regards,
Charan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
frozenblood
Warnings : 1

New User


Joined: 16 Oct 2012
Posts: 34
Location: INDIA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:10 am    Post subject: Re: Reply to: MQ PUT not trigerring the CICS transaction
Reply with quote

charanmsrit wrote:
What is the MQPMO (put message options) that is being set for the MQPUT?? i had built similar batch client and used MQPMO_NO_SYNCPOINT so that the batch job UOW is not tied to MQ.


http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmqv7/v7r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.mq.csqzak.doc%2Ffr14000_.htm


Regards,
Charan


Hi Charan,

Below are the options for the mq open (put operation):
MQOO-INPUT-SHARED +
MQOO-OUTPUT +
MQOO-FAIL-IF-QUIESCING +
MQOO-SAVE-ALL-CONTEXT.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
charanmsrit

New User


Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 80
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: Reply to: MQ PUT not trigerring the CICS transaction
Reply with quote

frozenblood wrote:
charanmsrit wrote:
What is the MQPMO (put message options) that is being set for the MQPUT?? i had built similar batch client and used MQPMO_NO_SYNCPOINT so that the batch job UOW is not tied to MQ.


http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmqv7/v7r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.mq.csqzak.doc%2Ffr14000_.htm


Regards,
Charan


Hi Charan,

Below are the options for the mq open (put operation):
MQOO-INPUT-SHARED +
MQOO-OUTPUT +
MQOO-FAIL-IF-QUIESCING +
MQOO-SAVE-ALL-CONTEXT.



Hi, they are not put message options but open object option used for MQOPEN. What are the MQPMO that you are using? refer to the link i have given which contains detailed information for PMO syncpoint option.

Quote:
Syncpoint options. The following options relate to the participation of the MQPUT or MQPUT1 call within a unit of work:
MQPMO_SYNCPOINT
The request is to operate within the normal unit-of-work protocols. The message is not visible outside the unit of work until the unit of work is committed. If the unit of work is backed out, the message is deleted.
If neither this option nor MQPMO_NO_SYNCPOINT is specified, the inclusion of the put request in unit-of-work protocols is determined by the environment running the queue manager and not the environment running the application. On z/OS®, the put request is within a unit of work. In all other environments, the put request is not within a unit of work.

Because of these differences, an application that you want to port must not allow this option to default; specify either MQPMO_SYNCPOINT or MQPMO_NO_SYNCPOINT explicitly.

Do not specify MQPMO_SYNCPOINT with MQPMO_NO_SYNCPOINT.

MQPMO_NO_SYNCPOINT
The request is to operate outside the normal unit-of-work protocols. The message is available immediately, and it cannot be deleted by backing out a unit of work.
If neither this option nor MQPMO_SYNCPOINT is specified, the inclusion of the put request in unit-of-work protocols is determined by the environment running the queue manager and not the environment running the application. On z/OS, the put request is within a unit of work. In all other environments, the put request is not within a unit of work.

Because of these differences, an application that you want to port must not allow this option to default; specify either MQPMO_SYNCPOINT or MQPMO_NO_SYNCPOINT explicitly.

Do not specify MQPMO_NO_SYNCPOINT with MQPMO_SYNCPOINT.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
frozenblood
Warnings : 1

New User


Joined: 16 Oct 2012
Posts: 34
Location: INDIA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Reply to: MQ PUT not trigerring the CICS transaction
Reply with quote

charanmsrit wrote:
frozenblood wrote:
charanmsrit wrote:
What is the MQPMO (put message options) that is being set for the MQPUT?? i had built similar batch client and used MQPMO_NO_SYNCPOINT so that the batch job UOW is not tied to MQ.


http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmqv7/v7r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.mq.csqzak.doc%2Ffr14000_.htm


Regards,
Charan


Hi Charan,

Below are the options for the mq open (put operation):
MQOO-INPUT-SHARED +
MQOO-OUTPUT +
MQOO-FAIL-IF-QUIESCING +
MQOO-SAVE-ALL-CONTEXT.



Hi, they are not put message options but open object option used for MQOPEN. What are the MQPMO that you are using? refer to the link i have given which contains detailed information for PMO syncpoint option.

Quote:
Syncpoint options. The following options relate to the participation of the MQPUT or MQPUT1 call within a unit of work:
MQPMO_SYNCPOINT
The request is to operate within the normal unit-of-work protocols. The message is not visible outside the unit of work until the unit of work is committed. If the unit of work is backed out, the message is deleted.
If neither this option nor MQPMO_NO_SYNCPOINT is specified, the inclusion of the put request in unit-of-work protocols is determined by the environment running the queue manager and not the environment running the application. On z/OS®, the put request is within a unit of work. In all other environments, the put request is not within a unit of work.

Because of these differences, an application that you want to port must not allow this option to default; specify either MQPMO_SYNCPOINT or MQPMO_NO_SYNCPOINT explicitly.

Do not specify MQPMO_SYNCPOINT with MQPMO_NO_SYNCPOINT.

MQPMO_NO_SYNCPOINT
The request is to operate outside the normal unit-of-work protocols. The message is available immediately, and it cannot be deleted by backing out a unit of work.
If neither this option nor MQPMO_SYNCPOINT is specified, the inclusion of the put request in unit-of-work protocols is determined by the environment running the queue manager and not the environment running the application. On z/OS, the put request is within a unit of work. In all other environments, the put request is not within a unit of work.

Because of these differences, an application that you want to port must not allow this option to default; specify either MQPMO_SYNCPOINT or MQPMO_NO_SYNCPOINT explicitly.

Do not specify MQPMO_NO_SYNCPOINT with MQPMO_SYNCPOINT.



Thanks for the reply charan. But i am a bit confused here currently the MQPMO option being used by me is MQPMO-SYNCPOINT. Do i need to use that ?

On the CICS transaction end i am using the following.

MOVE MQWI-UNLIMITED TO MQGMO-WAITINTERVAL.
COMPUTE MQGMO-OPTIONS = MQGMO-CONVERT
+ MQGMO-SYNCPOINT
+ MQGMO-WAIT +
MQGMO-ACCEPT-TRUNCATED-MSG.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
View previous topic :: :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IBMMAINFRAMES.com Support Forums -> Java & MQSeries All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 

Search our Forum:

Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Posted
No new posts How does a called pgm know if its cal... Graeme Westerman COBOL Programming 4 Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:25 pm
No new posts CICS Roll back partially - Need to re... dwijadas CICS 4 Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:30 pm
No new posts CICS NEW SIT PARAMETERS CICS BEHAVIOR... Kyle Carroll CICS 0 Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:55 pm
No new posts Detailed Transaction History report f... Kyle Carroll CICS 5 Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:42 am
No new posts Single COPY CICS TS datasets and when... Kyle Carroll CICS 2 Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:47 pm


Facebook
Back to Top
 
Mainframe Wiki | Forum Rules | Bookmarks | Subscriptions | FAQ | Tutorials | Contact Us