I am seeking for your help in this problem that i am facing at my shop.
1) we have a link within link (both are am and rm 24,24) when running the job it gives S878 GETMAIN error. The total size is close of 11M.
a 24,24 links are making the jcl to get the space below the line and giving getmain errors.
We tried all kind of region parameters including REGION =0m and also different CEEOPTS parameters but no success.
2) we then thought to relinking the two links as am31 and rm any....but now the jcl is giving S0c4 with a reason code 11.
The exact same link runs in a different shop all fine which also suggests that it is related to system memory issue and not a application issue.
Joined: 06 Jun 2008 Posts: 8491 Location: Dubuque, Iowa, USA
Different sites install different system software, which changes the amount of memory available for 24-bit addressing. It appears, based upon what you have posted, that your site -- unlike the other site -- has enough system software running that a "close of 11M" load module cannot be loaded below the line.
In order to run above the line (in 31-bit addressing), there are frequently changes required (such as allowing Assembler DCB data to use 31-bit addressing). It appears your site has not appropriately changed the application to support 31-bit addressing.
1. do not run this application at your site.
2. determine why 31-bit addressing is not working and fix it.
3. consult your site support group to determine if any more memory can be made available below the line for you. If this answer is "NO", then you can pick option 1 or option 2 above.