how can we increase the time limit in spool , so that
it display the job in spool for long time.
Actually after one day job is getting automatically purged from my spool area. I want it to show for long time.
Please tell me can we achieve this by doing some change in settings.
i tried but didnt come.
You take an awful lot of money and give it to your sysprogs. Spool takes up dasd. If the spool area fills up nothing runs hence the attempts to keep it clean. If you need the output for longer than 10 minutes then copy it to a dataset of your own id and delete the job yourself. The sooner it is gone the better the system runs.
Joined: 22 Apr 2006 Posts: 6258 Location: Mumbai, India
This is indeed a question, which can be best answered by your site-support group. As has been indicated, you've some options:
1. Refer to your own internal JCL coding standards for their description.
2. Contact your Systems Programmers and ask them.
3. Contact your Command Center and ask them.
4. Contact your Production Support group and ask them.
5. You can also inquire if there is some 'special' SYSOUT CLASS you can use to achieve your purpose.