We recently converted a DLI batch program to BMP. The job started abending with U0775. After initial research, we found that PIMAX was being exceeded. We started off with a checkpoint once every 2000 records and finally settled at 2. But, the U0775 continued.
Later, by looking at DFSTAT, we realized that the child to parent ration of the IMS database (which is the driver for pgm) is around 1500. All these child segments were being enqueued due to a PROCOPT of A. This huge enqueue of childs + root data is probably crossing the PIMAX.
IMS Locking is Program Isolation. Please suggest if there is a way to avoid the huge/enqueue while still having PROCOPT=A. PROCOPT=A was needed since DLETs are required on the database.