I am getting started with PLI. Tell the steps involved in running the sub programs. Getting maxcc=16 while running the jcl;
Having the both the main and sub programs in one PDS and Doing the compilation and link separately.
I am compiling the sub program first. The below one created the member CORRECTLY.
You have various problems here:
1) you should post code and data using the code tags to preserve alignment
2) your program code cannot start in CC1 unless you override the margins (but this may be due to point 1)
3) you say that both modules are in a PDS but the called module you show is in-stream and not in a PDS
4) Why declare C separately from A and B?
5) You declare A and B but you try and add A1 and A2
6) You say that SUBADD1 compiles ok but the link fails. I'd be surprised if the link step attempts to run at all as the compile step has issued an unrecoverable error message.
7) You gave a title that infers the program is running when, in actual fact, you have not even got it to compile
Joined: 23 Nov 2006 Posts: 19270 Location: Inside the Matrix
Hello and welcome to the forum,
One of the most important considerations using the forum is to use the proper terminology and to be clear.
Someone has kindly "Code'd" your original post. You need to do this with future posts as it preserves alignment and improves readability. We have a Preview function so you can see your post as it will appear to the forum. Once you have the post looking the way you want, Submit.
Suggest you look for another program/sub-program that are working on your system and see what is different between your compile/link and one that works.