We are having following problem with a job restart:
1) one job abended with SPACE ABEND SD37
2) we increased the space parameter in particular step through changeman package
3) get it installed
4) We can see the new job in our temp PDS
5) when we asked the CA7 team to restart the job it failed again with SD37
6) when we looked into the spool, it is still picking the JCL from PROD library and not from TEMP library.
7) when talked to CA7 team they said they dont have any control over PDS from where JCL is getting picked.
Joined: 06 Jun 2008 Posts: 8280 Location: Dubuque, Iowa, USA
You (or someone at your site) need to sign onto CA-7, issue the XQJ command to access the queue, and use E(dit) on that specific job, change the space parameter there, then save the edited job and restart it. Once the job fails, CA-7 keeps it on the queue and will NOT reload it from ANY PDS until the next time the job is scheduled to run.
when talked to CA7 team they said they dont have any control over PDS from where JCL is getting picked.
Your CA-7 team needs some training, then. CA-7 allows you to specify where the JCL is to load from -- and there's generally an override library set up during the software installation to allow temporary changes to production JCL.