can any one help in knowing the syntaxes of cics operational commands for the following:
1) how to know the current task id, terminal id etc???
2) how to block the remaining users form invoking a cics task with the same transit. for ex: 'M001' is the trans id and only in need to able invoke the transaction and need to block remaining users??
3) what is the use of assign command in cics...is it used for knowing the user id??
4)how to know the current user id in cics region???where as in batch in ISPF panel i can give as SAREA...then i can get the user id...
if any one have material regarding the above also could you please send them to e-addr removed
Joined: 06 Jun 2008 Posts: 8214 Location: Dubuque, Iowa, USA
ram_vizag, have you ever actually LOOKED at a CICS manual?
1. If you click on the Manuals link at the top of THIS page, find the CICS Language Reference manual, and start reading -- you will find all sorts of useful data such as the EIB fields that contain task number, terminal id, and so forth.
2. Talk to your site support group -- this can be done but it typically is not often done due to performance implications, and hence is strictly controlled by the site support group.
3. Read the manual reference in my response to your #1 question to find the ASSIGN command description.
4. You are not at all clear -- are you talking about the user id of the person signed onto a particular terminal, or are you talking about the user id of the CICS region? If the latter, why on earth would you think you want to know that?