I need to split my INPUT file (say FILE1) into 10 different files (FILE2, FILE3.. FILE10) based on the KEY (of 9 characters) , which comes as an input at 1st position of every record. This KEY is dynamic.
INPUT:- FILE1 of LRECL 500 & RECFM=FB & below is the sample data format...
1) Input file is in SORTED order of the KEY (Position 1-9)
2) The KEY is Dynamic, it can be of any value in the input file based on the input data.
3) The max. no.of. UNIQUE Values in this key filed will be of 10.
4) Always the total no.of. OUTPUT files needs to be '10', of fixed DD DSN names.
5) Even if there are only 1 UNIQUE key in the input file, all the records in the input file should goto FILE2 & the remaining 9 output files needs to be created as EMPTY files.
I wanted to get this done using DFSORT/ICETOOL.. I couldn't find any similar post that gives me the results that I'm looking for... can some one help me with this pls... ?
The sample control card that I'm looking for is mentioned below, OR, it can be some other format that gives me desired result...
SYSIN DD * (or it can be in a file)