1. What is NOTIFY parameter in JCL?
2. In a job which has 10 steps how to execute only the first 5 steps and bypass the remaining 5 steps?
3. What is a null statement in JCL?
4. When we create 7 generation how do we copy it into one QSAM dataset?
5. How do you get data from a tape dataset?
6. When will you use TSO and TDQ in a program? Is possible to rewrite a record in TDQ and if no why?
7. How will you suspend and reactivate a task or transaction?
8. In a dataset there are 200 records, I want first 50 records. How will that be done?
9. In a dataset there are 50 records. I want the records from 50th byte to 80th byte. How can i get it?
10. I have a dataset. I need to insert one field in that layout. What are the impacts it will cause in the calling and called program?
11. When will MAPFAIL condition occur?
1) Notify parameter is used to notify the user when the job ends. you can specify in your job card like NOTIFY=USERID1, It notifies the USERID1 when the job get complete.
2) Using COND Parameter is one option. Or you can use null statement after the first 5 steps like coding just //
3) null statement in JCL is //
u can use IEBGENER or SORT utility to copy the files.
4) To see the data in the tape dataset, first you need to copy that data to the disk using SORT or some other utility...and then you can check the disk file using 3.4 option or using any tool like File-Aid.
7) use SORT UTILITY,
//SYSIN DD *
it just copies first 50 records
8) SORT FIELDS=COPY
1 -> position in the output file
50 -> start copying from the 50th byte
31 -> is the length of the string to copy from 50th byte
9) Make sure that field is initialized along with other fields, if the file is used for output. Do the change in FD section, if necessary. Suppose the file is input, you can use this field in the logic as like any other field.
And you need to recompile the main program which the file is using, to reflect the new field in the layout, otherwise u will get file-status 39 error.
10) generally when the map specified is not found in the mapset. Please correct me if i m wrong.
5) TSQ is used to pass info from task to task, while a TDQ to accumulate records before processing or send data for external use, such as a printer or other.
Data can be changed in TSQ, but not in TDQ.
6) SUSPEND will allow other tasks to execute.
Calling SUSPEND explicitly is for when you are executing CPU intensive code which does NOT contain any embedded CICS calls. It allows you to avoid an AICA abend as well.