Both should be done in synch. So the sequence does not really matter.
But to be absolutely sure you could do something like:
1. Assure that DB2 package versioning is active.
2. Bind the package.
3. If it fails, no problem occured concerning the productive application.
4. Save the load module.
5. Copy the new load module to the DFHRPL library.
6. Issue a PHASEIN or NEWCOPY.
7. If it fails, copy the save version back to the DFHRPL library.
8. If everything was OK you could delete the save copy of the load module and free the old package.
Once bind is done. Then we can copy the load module in the library and do a NEWC. This is very important in the environment of multiple DB2/CICS region. For a single region environment the order doesn't matter.