I want to capture the last modified date for program, proc, copybook etc.
So if you have time then please tell me how the changed date is captured from REXX or other?
Also have a look on below screen shot, in that the created date and changed date is given. So I just want to capture the dates.
Joined: 22 Apr 2006 Posts: 6258 Location: Mumbai, India
1. Your question does not sound like if it belongs to CICS?
2. Last modified date - well, what would you do with that information? It sounds like you are describing a manual Configuration Management system, are you?
3. And what Screen -shot you're talking about?
4. AFAIK, for datasets, you can use LISTDSI function, then the variable SYSREFDATE will contain the "last referenced date".
5. For members with ISPF statistics, you can use the LMMSTATS service, and get the "last modified date" in MODDATE.
6. Keeping point 4 & 5 in mind, where should I move your topic - REXX, as you asked about it and I don't happen to recall any such REXX function or should I move it ISPF part of the Forum?
AND "fetch", by far, does not sound as a correct terminolgy-term in the context of this topic.
Joined: 16 Apr 2008 Posts: 104 Location: South Carolina
You do not want to do this inside CICS. Doing operations like this will require you to circumvent CICS and doing so will cause CICS region to come to a screeching halt. You need to approach your CICS support group before doing something like this.