Hi I have a transaction which is triggered during start of day as its entry is in PLT table. this transaction calls a program in which again the same transaction is called using START TRANSID after with an interval of 15 min. This way the transaction is triggered every 15 min automatically.
Now, I am trying to trigger the transaction from my terminal for some testing purpose but I am getting AEI2 (End data error). can anybody throw some light on possible reason for this and how to solve this.
Joined: 18 Jun 2009 Posts: 407 Location: Nashville, TN
A snapshot from the manual ... Hope this will help you to understand the reason ...
ENDDATA occurs in any of the following situations:
- No more data is stored for the task issuing a RETRIEVE command. It can be considered a normal end-of-file response when retrieving data records sequentially.
- The RETRIEVE command is issued by a task that is started by a START command that did not specify any of the data options FROM, RTRANSID, RTERMID, or QUEUE.
- The RETRIEVE command is issued by a nonterminal task that was not created as a result of a START command.
- WAIT was specified and the task was waiting for a data record but none became available before the deadlock time-out interval (see the DTIMOUT option of RDO DEFINE TRANSACTION).
- WAIT was specified and the task was waiting when CICS entered shutdown. An attempt to issue RETRIEVE WAIT during shutdown leads to an AICB abend if there is no data record already available to satisfy the request.
- A RETRIEVE command with the WAIT option is issued when no data is available; the task was initiated by a START command that specified an APPC connection or terminal in the TERMID option.
Default action: terminate the task abnormally.