Portal | Manuals | References | Downloads | Info | Programs | JCLs | Master the Mainframes
IBM Mainframe Computers Forums Index
 
Register
 
IBM Mainframe Computers Forums Index Mainframe: Search IBM Mainframe Forum: FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
 

 

How i can hande the edits on fields.

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IBMMAINFRAMES.com Support Forums -> CICS
View previous topic :: :: View next topic  
Author Message
mainframe_world

New User


Joined: 22 Jan 2010
Posts: 12
Location: delhi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: How i can hande the edits on fields.
Reply with quote

Hi,

I am writing a cics cobol code and i wanted to handel some edit on particular fields.

For e.g 1) Name should be alpha and required and whenever i give input to the screen if it is not alpha and equals to spaces than it should give me error message.

Please help me this. if any body having any e.g please send itto me.

Thanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

CICS Guy

Senior Member


Joined: 18 Jul 2007
Posts: 2150
Location: At my coffee table

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: How i can hande the edits on fields.
Reply with quote

mainframe_world wrote:
For e.g 1) Name should be alpha and required and whenever i give input to the screen if it is not alpha and equals to spaces than it should give me error message.
I'm sorry, but what part of the IF statement do you not understand?
Edit the field, determine if the data is valid, reject the input if it does not follow your rules of validity....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mainframe_world

New User


Joined: 22 Jan 2010
Posts: 12
Location: delhi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: How i can hande the edits on fields.
Reply with quote

mainframe_world wrote:
Hi,

I am writing a cics cobol code and i wanted to handel some edit on particular fields.

For e.g 1) Name should be alpha and required and whenever i give input to the screen if it is not alpha and equals to spaces than it should give me error message.

Please help me this. if any body having any e.g please send itto me.

Thanks
IF FIELD NOT ALPHA
MOVE "INVALID VALUE"
ENDIF.

sO I CAN USE THIS RIGHT..

NOW HOW CAN I SET THE CURSUR TO THAT FIELD TO CORRECT OR GIVE THE RIGHT VALUE.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Robert Sample

Global Moderator


Joined: 06 Jun 2008
Posts: 8057
Location: East Dubuque, Illinois, USA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Your code isn't right, but I'm sure you'll figure out the syntax error.

Your bigger problem, however, is that you are asking questions answered in the first few sessions of any CICS class -- if you cannot do these things, you need to go back and take the class again until you understand the concepts! If you cannot do this, click on the manuals link, find the CICS reference and application programming guide manuals and read them -- cover to cover -- which will give you the basic information to write a CICS program.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Earl Haigh

Active User


Joined: 25 Jul 2006
Posts: 475

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:14 am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

mainframe_world,

Is this program a project at your Job as a CICS programmer, or are you in Training ?

I agree with Robert:

Quote:
Your bigger problem, however, is that you are asking questions answered in the first few sessions of any CICS class -- if you cannot do these things, you need to go back and take the class again
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
View previous topic :: :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IBMMAINFRAMES.com Support Forums -> CICS All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 

Search our Forum:

Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Posted
No new posts Validate date and numeric fields and ... Rick Silvers DFSORT/ICETOOL 6 Thu May 11, 2017 6:51 pm
No new posts Sum Fields ballaswaroop DFSORT/ICETOOL 4 Tue May 02, 2017 11:07 am
No new posts DFSORT MUL FIELDS tspr52 DFSORT/ICETOOL 16 Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:53 pm
No new posts Sort two file having same field, one ... himanshu malik DFSORT/ICETOOL 7 Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:09 am
No new posts SYNCSORT SEQNUM and FI fields. nartcr SYNCSORT 7 Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:02 am


Facebook
Back to Top
 
Mainframe Wiki | Forum Rules | Bookmarks | Subscriptions | FAQ | Tutorials | Contact Us