Job J1 executes a batch COBOL program C1 that reads an input flat file I1 from source system and generates output file O1 as feed for the down stream system. Output file O1 created as feed to downstream is fixed-block (FB) file. Due to introduction of some new fields (a depending on table field) on source system side we need to change the downstream file O1 to a VB file.
What would be the changes required in various technical objects (JCL, COBOL program etc) to accomplish the same.
Joined: 22 Apr 2006 Posts: 6258 Location: Mumbai, India
1. In JCL-procedure (PROC) RECFM of O1 under DCB parameters would be changed.
2. COBOL program ... lokk at RECORDING MODE phrase.
3. If LRECL is changed, do an impact analysis.
4. If LRECL is changed, you need to change the DCB parameters accrdingly.
5. And yes, please inform your down-stream system.