Joined: 22 Apr 2006
Location: Mumbai, India
Here is what I've collected to call them as 11 reasons... to look at IMS 11 and re-think what's possible --
|1. IMS 11 provides an integrated direct distributed data access solution.
2. IMS 11 improves connectivity and ease of use.
3. IMS 11 increases system availability.
4. IMS 11 offers an architectural roadmap that supports future growth.
5. IMS 11 includes open distributed IMS database access support, extended Web services, and connectivity for SOA.
6. IMS 11 builds in enhanced commands and user exits that simplify installation and system management.
7. IMS 11 has Fast Path 64-bit buffer management, expanded storage, and security enhancements that increase performance, scalability, and reliability.
8. IMS 11 eases IMS application development and access to IMS data through broadened Java and XML tooling.
9. IMS 11 improves availability and overall performance utilizing IMS Fast Path Buffer Manager, Application Control Block library, and Local System Queue Area storage reduction utilizing 64-bit storage.
10. IMS 11 enhances IMS Connect, the TCP/IP gateway to IMS transactions, operations, and now data to offer improved IMS flexibility, availability, resilience, and security.
11. IMS 11 and SOA let you reuse existing assets to provide new services quickly
by leveraging your investment in IMS SOA Integration Suite.