If you are not going to use any utility, how do you plan on loading the data?
That is the question he tries to ask i guess.
There are a dozen ways to get data into a DB2 table. It all depends on what kind of data, where the data comes from, how many times this is going to happen and how many records.
Here are 7 I just pulled out of my hat (in random order):
2) cobol program read-insert or read-read-read-read-multi Insert
3) generate insert instructions for DSNTIAD
4) generate insert instructions for QMF (for workstation)
5) a rexx with dynamic sql
6) from MSaccess and Excel thru ODBC drivers
7) a Java program connecting to DB2 Z/os thru JDBC