I have a FB file with lrecl=133 containing around 2778999 records and being written onto tapes (filename = A.B.C).
My requirement is to create a separate descriptor file for A.B.C for an external interface with one record containing following fields :
1) Record count of A.B.C (length 10)
2) Current Date (RNYYMMDD) (length 8) RN is a symbolic parameter(Run number) in the JCL with value 02(may vary)
3) Current time (HH(24):MI:SS) (length 8)
4) RefId : An number incremental of 1 and starts from 1 for the first transmission and increments hencforth. (should be unique) (length 18). Previous descriptor file to be checked for previous RefId and then incrementing it by 1.
5) interface name : 30 characters
Can this be achieved thourgh DFSORT (sort/ICEMAN/ICETOOL).
Sample Record :
0002778999 02090502 16:12:00 000000000000000123 XYZ
Please have a look. Any help/direction on this would be appreciated.
Joined: 18 Jun 2007 Posts: 213 Location: Cochin/Kerala/India
I think you want a header records and trailer record in the output file along with the existing data.
You can add this by HEADER/TRAILER options in he dfsort,
Also you can use the key word 'COUNT' to write the number of records in the output file. &DATE, & TIME will gives you the system date and system time.