Joined: 06 Jun 2008 Posts: 8057 Location: East Dubuque, Illinois, USA
Change the compiler option:
When you specify ARITH(EXTEND):
* The maximum number of digit positions that you can specify in the PICTURE clause for packed-decimal, zoned-decimal, and numeric-edited data items is raised from 18 to 31.
* The maximum number of digits that you can specify in a fixed-point numeric literal is raised from 18 to 31. You can use numeric literals with large precision anywhere that numeric literals are currently allowed, including:
o Operands of PROCEDURE DIVISION statements
o VALUE clauses (on numeric data items with large-precision PICTURE)
o Condition-name values (on numeric data items with large-precision PICTURE)
* The maximum number of digits that you can specify in the arguments to NUMVAL and NUMVAL-C is raised from 18 to 31.
* The maximum value of the integer argument to the FACTORIAL function is 29.
* Intermediate results in arithmetic statements use extended mode.