Joined: 02 Jun 2005
1. A student's leave letter :
"As I am suffering from my uncle's marriage I cannot attend the class...."
2. A candidate's application :
"This has reference to your advertisement calling for a 'typist and an accountant - Male or Female'... As I am both for the past several years and I can handle both, I am applying for the post.
3. I.T.I., Bangalore: An employee applied for leave as follows :
Since I have to go to my village to sell my land along with my wife. Please sanction me one-week leave.
4. Another employee applied for half day leave as follows :
"Since I've to go to the cremation ground at 10 o-clock and I may not return, please grant me half day casual leave"
5. A leave letter to the headmaster :
"As I am studying in this school I am suffering from headache. I request you to leave me today"
6. An incident of a leave letter :
"I am suffering from fever, please declare one day holiday."
7. Another leave letter written to the headmaster :
"As my headache is paining, please grant me leave for the day. "
8. A covering note :
"I am enclosed herewith..."
9. From H.A.L. Administration dept :
As my mother-in-law has expired and I am responsible for it, please grant me 10 days leave.
10. Actual letter written for application of leave :
"My wife is suffering from sickness and as I am her only husband at home I may be granted leave".